Tuesday, September 13, 2011

中秋节快乐

A bit late, but not too late, so don't mind the petty details lah alright.

Was at Hong Kong during this festive season, it's a big thing over there, so big that apparently people finish work earlier than usual on the Mooncake Festival Day (15th of August on the Lunar Calendar) and get a day off on the next (or so I was told).

Point here is, this will be the type of life I'm living for (at least) the next 2 years, won't be around for festivals, unpredicted presence in Singapore/Malaysia and yadayada so much inconsistency and unpredictability. Certainly not complaining, just saying :)

And so I was at Hong Kong, thinking how I have not eaten mooncake at all this time around. Back in Malaysia, I always get to eat mooncake, whether they're free samples given to my mom or gifts to my mom. Thinking back in Uni days, how I'd eat a whole mooncake for a meal, haha. Then now, haiz. Oh wait, I think I bought some mini mooncakes to console myself a week back or so! They tasted pariah though, aka not-too-good.

Lol, pardon the messed up post, my mind's messed up now too. Just wanna pen these down before The Moment ceased to exist (meaning inspiration gone lah!).

Oh ya, and so I was watching this live broadcast thinge on TV, some programme for this Mooncake Festival Celebration was on and I saw/heard this song and thought it's quite awesome:


I so so remember hearing this song way way back long long time ago. That's all, I think I kinda miss home, or maybe missing the doing-nothing days hehe.

1 comment:

TC Tham said...

:( poor you.. but somehow, i had always wanted to go over there during chinese festive seasons.. >_< feels good to celebrate along with all other chinese there