Friday, September 30, 2011

Think

It seems that I couldn't uphold the promise of 1 post per week, time flies and time doesn't fly. Time flies because 2 weeks passed just like that after my previous post and to think that I've been in Sing a pore for 8 months! Time ticks and tocks regardless of whether I'm ready. Time doesn't fly because there were times I calculate how much $ I need to pay for quitting my job, the 17-month bond turns out to still be a hefty sum despite being pro-rated, 17 months more to go!

I've been thinking a lot lately, about my career, about my future. But it doesn't seem to have a conclusion to every thinking session. Still wondering what to do with this "life" of mine, purpose in life so to speak.

Never have I thought I'd take a plane ride so often in my life, more often than I take a cab come to think of it! I thought I would just have an ordinary office job and work forever to pay for things I can't carry when I leave this world. The second  part still holds true unfortunately, that is working forever and earning money.

I tell myself, if I'm not doing this, I would be doing other things (which I may not like as well) for a living. For a living huh, I do wonder what is the purpose of life, sometimes I feel like living is just because I'm not dead. Not that I want to die, but do note that humans die eventually. Where is this cycle taking us? Where are we going, do we need to be there?

Makes no sense I think. Haha. Randomness.

Have a pleasant weekend.

3 comments:

weichern said...

Me also got think think, but memang like tat lo... Routine is life ma.... So just go with the flow....

Ai said...

You're funny when you are funnier. You are not funny when you talk about serious stuff like life.

I hope you'll find your purpose in life, likewise for myself. It's a lifelong quest I believe, so in the meantime, just got to fold em' sleeves and sweat it out.

<3

galaxycharm said...

well said, ai li...

btm line is, we just got to suck it up and enjoy life to the fullest...

see you real soon, buddy...