Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Between 2 million Ringgit Malaysia (note: it's TWO freaking millions!!) and a guy.
Which would you choose?

My choice?
No, silly, not the guy! Obviously I pick the TWO freaking million la!!

But it wasn't an easy choice for Leila: one of the character in a collaboration drama (MY + SG) on NTV7 now.
It's a nice drama, with a lot, I mean A LOT of philosophies, ideas, concepts, thoughts, comments and opinions on LOVE. Yea, it's like a compilation of quotes etc. as well. I don't watch much because the airing time clashes with the airing time of other shows on 8TV. Nevertheless, I still watch it when I get the chance, like tonight.

Okay, the thing about the scene above was that Leila is seriously in love with this Jake guy. And Jake feels the same about Leila. But something happened in the dontknowhowmany episodes I missed, Jake is now with this freaking ridiculously rich woman Zoe; the body's with Zoe, the heart's with Leila. Leila thinking that Jake would be happier and have a better future with Zoe; accepted the RM2,000,000 from Zoe and ditched Jake (while she sobbed away pathetically miserably lonesomely)!
An interesting note about Leila is that, initially, she was portrayed as this materialistic, money minded woman who used, manipulated, exploited men for her own benefits until she met Jake..
Hmm, a very typical character design and predictable scene I would say..
But still, yea.. inspiring show :)

As mentioned, every episode has lots of views on LOVE! From perspectives of men and women. And I just found out that this drama has inspired my bro to blog very emo-ly!! Lol, like super emo-ly!
Meh, bleh, he's at that stage la lol~

Well, I am.. err.. emm..

Allow me to share some quotes in tonight's episode, I couldn't remember others XD
They are in Chinese, but I'll translate a bit. And of course I paraphrased a bit, couldn't recall exactly also lol!
Mind you, they appear to be almost common sense and very overgeneralize. But yea, whatever man~

"爱情不能做比较, 不是说出价高者就能拥有, 或说谁比谁付出得多"
- Love cannot be compared, it doesn't mean the side whose bid's highest will win/own, or who is giving more than who. Very literal translation, but get the idea across la, it's common sense ma :D

"爱情是不能用买的, 要不然就和菜市的菜没两样, 可以讨价还价"
- Love cannot be bought, if not it'll be alike the vegetables sold in pasar, the price of veges can be negotiated somemore! Another no-brainer :D

"爱啊, 并不是你看着我我看着你, 而是两个人朝着同样的方向前进"
- Ahh, love, it is not about you looking at me or me looking at you, it's about two people heading toward the same direction with a common/shared goal. Sounds like leadership? Teambuilding? Lol! Probably it's the way I translated it. But yea, again, common sense, you get the idea :D

Hehe. I am just being random...
Since I screwed up finals and no one ever believes me when I tell them lol! Having done 2 out of the 4 final papers, I can say that I've pretty much screwed up my 2nd year.
But yea, no one but myself should be bothered :D

screwtertiaryeducationscrewtertiaryeducation

Happy happy'ing~

1 comment:

TC Tham said...

thanks for the translation.. else i would be bugging you for the translation.. wheez.. those words rings so true.. i'll use it to set my path right.. hehehe.. exams are like that de le.. let's give in our best shot!! all the best in your exams.. ganbatte!!