Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This is going to be a short emo update, also known as SEU (pronounced as siew).

Ok, to those who have been checking my blog (I always wonder if there is still anyone who does LoL, nvm about that~) or to those who have been talking to me (thank god, there are still people who talk to me..); would know that I'm moving like
SOON and that I seriously, desperately need a car? If not, I would be pretty much stuck in that beloved apartment in Kepong starting next January. Meh~

And and.. my mom said she's going to get me a car and stuff like that. I have been really worried that all these (buying house, cars, etc..) are a huge burden to her..
BUT but.. to my surprise, she has been expecting me to takeover all these craps when I'm done with my Degree! I mean I kinda understand that it's part of my responsibility as a son.. but but.. but *speechless*

Seriously!! Okay, allow me to elaborate further.

I asked my mom (in Mandarin): "Are you really getting a car for me next year? What car you wanna get wor? New or 2nd hand de?"
I mean seriously, she's got loads of stuff to carry on her shoulders.. and I have to admit that my dad isn't of much help (as of now...)
This was how she replied me, gosh~
My mom said (in Mandarin), I quote: "Yea, when you come out two years later, you'll be paying for the car AND the house ma~"

I kinda paraphrased it already, but the rough idea is still there. I mean, I am selfish lar, I want my own house and everything ok.. and she bought that friend of hers punya house without consulting the family ler! And she actually expected her sons (my poor bro too T_T) to take on the burden for like the next 10 years right after we're done with our tertiary studies.. before setting our own families!!

Getting a job is a problem already ler!!! OMG! OMG!

On a side note, we're kinda "moving" to the Kepong apartment NEXT Sunday; you see no wrong, it's right before my Psych finals! OMG! She said kinda have to move in the altar and stuff first; apparently, that day is a "good" day~ But we still can stay in the rented house first.. I'm a bit speechless. All this planning without notifying the family who are supposedly moving in with her. Hello?

I have absolutely no idea how is she going to cram the minor renovation and stuff in. OMG. Oh my god! I don't even know if I'm ready or not, to be there to support her. Oh my gord!


LoL, this post ended up being not that short. Heh. It's still emo nevertheless~ Initially, I wanted to use RED colour to emphasize my emo-ness; but I guess this light pinkish-reddish colour would do the job. Sigh.


SIGH
..................

8 comments:

Ai said...

Hey...!!

I seriously dunno what to say to cheer you up but I think you'd be better of if u see things in a different way... Allow me to illustrate.

It is possible that your mom has so much trust in u and ur bro that she is ready to pass on the family responsibilities to u guys.. Maybe she doesn't know that it is stressing u guys out so much.

It is also possible that all she wants is just for you people to know that the 'world is not an easy place to live in', hence she is encouraging you two to work hard from now on because that is exactly what u need to be prepared for in future..!!

You get what I mean?!

Now, time to cheer up!

Mandy said...

I do check your blog (everyday) :D I think every parent have the same expectations from their child just like your mum...come to think about it, I have only another two years to escape these...so yea...let's do some warm ups for this maybe??? :D
btw, do u need helpers next Sun???

Michael.Horn said...

Buddy...it's abit pity lar when ur parents have 2 sons...i guess ur parents or ur mom are trying to let u guys know that (as aili had mentioned) 'world is not an easy place to live in'....and u think on the good side, ur mom might want u guys to have a place to stay when u really come out to work...u know lar...who on earth got so lucky that could buy their own house when they start to work? i doubt there are anys....u see, when ur parents are getting older, it's our responsible to take care over them. takkan u want them to work till they are old...the 'burden' that u said ur mom will be giving to u guys i guess it's just to help out ur family's financial lar...not really as in everything pass it to u guys...i dunno la...mayb...and i think no parents want their son staying with them for the rest of their life...it's just that ur parents want u to have 'kao san' before u set ur own family and buying ur own assets.....so don't worry too much lar.

chaiminhuei said...

Don't stress out.

Just keep praying and work hard. Instead of paying for the one house and one car, buy her several new ones.

KAKAKAKA.

Sharon said...

Hm.. perhaps your mom just want to hint you that you've to help her with it. Just like my mom hinting us all the time. Cuz look at it this way, she has done so much for you and as a child it's kinda a duty to "pay back" . Like Min Huei says, aim for buying her several new houses instead. That's what I intend to do myself and as your friend, I hope the same for you too. Will pray for you :) Don't worry too much pal!

Boon Woei said...

OH MY GOD!

I did not expect people to still leave comments like in the "Comment" section after adding the shoutbox!

Hehe, thank you very much people. I guess I've been receiving a lot all this while, not used to the "giving" part. I kinda understand the whole responsibility as a son thinge, but guess I just needed to rant it out~

I'm telling you people, you all WILL NOT know how much all these comments meant to me! Seriously, I'm very happy to have you guys with me...

*shed a tear*


No.. I did not tear =P

Anonymous said...

Ah Boon Boon,
I also seriously don't know what to say actually.
But moms will be moms so,yeah.and I do understand cos all of us,have a certain pressure to an extent.
It's how we deal with it actually.
XD

Anonymous said...

I have the same stress/burden as you... My mom is expecting me to pay for the tuition fees of my sisterS after I graduated. And, i am not sure whether my sis are goin overseas. But I kinda just accept it. Sometimes, i just feel that I owe my mom sooo much, that nth can actually pay back my "debts" to her, n tat's y i will do anything n everythin for her when she asks me to. I din really think much abt this burden, but i know tat the burdens tat she is carryin now is way bigger than me. I am already feeling stress for my future burden, but she is carryin all the burdens ALL THESE YEARS. It's weird if i use the word "slave", but even if i have to be her "slave", i think i will try my best to be also... U know? She ever cried for her tiring life and all the obstacles she faced. She told me tat the reason she still can fight until today is bcz of us(her children).