Friday, October 24, 2008

People take things for granted, that, is a guarantee. More often than not, we hear people saying how we would only learn to appreciate something after we've lost it.

So so true. But again, truth be told, does anyone EVER learn to NOT take things for granted? I mean, how do you NOT take things for granted? How much and how deep of appreciation can you show to show that you are, in fact, NOT taking things for granted?

Having said that, I just wanna point out that, I think people will never learn to appreciate until they truly really completely lost something. Because the idea of appreciation is so different when applying to something one has, and something one lost. Is this confusing? Haha.

An example,

My computer broke down and died'ed just now, at that moment, I felt really lost and hopeless without it! That was when I come to think about the days I used it, oh so smoothly, so happily; and don't I just wish that it'll be back, be it's old condition again. Functioning.
Well then, obviously I have it fixed and now it's running normally again. Hope it can tahan long enough X_X
After that, like now, I realize that I don't "appreciate" my computer anymore cause it's functioning back again. You know, it's just a different sensation la.

That being said, if you still don't get it, then too bad la :P

That again, being said, even if you can't appreciate appreciate per se (it's not a typo), just try to be nice and good comfortably while adhering to your own limitations and boundaries. Meaning, just be your best at most times without giving up yourself, in anything and everything you do, may it be relationships or responsibilities and whatnot; then I believe, you will have no regrets.

With that, may everyone who stumble upon this post be lighten in this coming festival of lights. Happy Deepavali :D

1 comment:

TC Tham said...

HAHAHA.. I understand how you feel.. totally.. cause my com got severe virus.. and then i was regretting it.. i was like "should be more careful".. after reformat i go lalalala again till my motherboard and graphic card died.. then now i com-less again.. and then i wishing.. how good if my com is here~~ lol